- This website features learnings from an international collaboration spearheaded by WolfBrown between researchers, funders, service organizations, and cultural organizations to support informed programming decision making during the COVID-19 era.
- Newsletter highlighting creative works in the time of social distancing, focusing on Philadelphia, by Youngmoo Kim, director of the ExCITe Center at Drexel University.
- Newsletter covering cultural sector digital content from the digital analytics and user research agency One Further.
- Newsletter highlighting digital and tech for arts, museums, culture, heritage, and creative professionals by Chris Unitt, founder of One Further.
- Newsletter round-up of digital news, innovations, and ideas related to arts, culture, and museums/heritage institutions by The Audience Agency.
- This research project led by Elena Araoz and supported by Princeton University explores the aesthetics, philosophies, tools, and artists transforming virtual live performance and socially distant productions.
- This newsletter from AEA Consulting gathers timely articles on the cultural and creative sectors, including topics such as COVID-19 and digital frontiers.
DOCUMENTING COVID IN REPORTS – U.S. Reports
– Benoit-Bryan, Jennifer, Madeline Smith, and Peter Linett. Rethinking relevance, rebuilding engagement: Findings from the second wave of a national survey about culture, creativity, community and the arts. Chicago: Slover Linett Audience Research, in collaboration with LaPlaca Cohen and Yancey Consulting, 2022.
– Candid. Philanthropy and COVID-19: Measuring One Year of Giving. New York: Candid and the Center for Disaster Philanthropy, 2021.
– Cyril, Malkia Devich, Lyle Matthew Kan, Ben Francisco Maulbeck, and Lori Villarosa. Mismatched: Philanthropy’s Response to the Call for Racial Justice. San Francisco: Philanthropic Initiative for Racial Equity, 2021.
– Fonner, Daniel and Rebecca Roscoe. Pandemic Priorities: Exploring unemployment and demographic characteristics of arts and culture workforces and artists across the U.S. Dallas: SMU DataArts, 2022.
– LaPlaca Cohen. Culture + Community in a Time of Transformation: A Special Edition of Culture Track. New York: LaPlaca Cohen, 2021.
– Lutman, Sarah, Koven J. Smith, and Greta Rudolph. Technology Infrastructure and Digital Capacity Survey Report. Detroit: CultureSource, 2021.
– Office of Research & Analysis, National Endowment for the Arts. The Art of Reopening: A Guide to Current Practices Among Arts Organizations During COVID-19. Washington, D.C.: National Endowment for the Arts, 2021.
– National Endowment for the Arts. “New Data Show Economic Impact of COVID-19 on Arts & Culture Sector.” March 15, 2022.
– Orensten, Naomi and Ellie Buteau. Foundations Respond to Crisis: Toward Greater Flexibility and Responsiveness? Cambridge: The Center for Effective Philanthropy, 2020.
DOCUMENTING COVID IN REPORTS – International Scope
– Australia Council for the Arts. In Real Life: Mapping Digital Cultural Engagement in the First Decades of the 21st Century. Pyrmont: Australia Council for the Arts, 2021.
– Kidd, Jenny, Eva Nieto McAvory, and Ania Ostrowska. Discussion Paper 2021/11, Implications of the COVID-19 digital ‘pivot’ in museums and galleries: lessons from practitioners. Cardiff: Creative Industries Policy & Evidence Centre / Nesta, 2021.
– Maggs, David. Art and the World After This. Toronto: Metcalf Foundation, 2021.
– Sargent, Anthony. Covid-19 and the Global Cultural and Creative Sector: What have we learned so far? Leeds: Anthony Sargent & Centre for Cultural Value, 2021.
– Walmsley, Ben, et al. Culture in Crisis: Impacts of Covid-19 on the UK Cultural Sector and Where We Go From Here. Leeds: Centre for Cultural Value, 2022.
SELECTED REPORTS FOR SPECIFIC DISCIPLINES
– Ahmad, Karim, et. al. Restoring the Future: Building a more abundant media arts system through restorative values practice. Los Angeles: ALLIED, 2021.
– Alik, Jesse Cameron. Emerging from the Cave: Reimagining our future in theater and live performance. New York: Sundance Institute, 2021.
– American Library Association. The State of America’s Libraries 2021: A Report from the American Library Association. Chicago: American Library Association, 2021.
– Lutman, Sarah, Koven J. Smith, and Greta Rudolph, Digital Transformation: An Assessment of Grants Supporting Digital Staff in Museums. Miami: Knight Foundation, 2021.
– Pentacle. Virtual Engagement Research Project. New York: Pentacle, Forthcoming.
– TrendsWatch: Museums as Community Infrastructure
2022 report from the Center for the Future of Museums